Malaysia Professional Visit Pass



All overseas citizens who wish to work in Malaysia require to obtain approval to work. One of the works authorizations that the Malaysian government provides to overseas employees is the Malaysia Professional Visit Pass. The Professional Visit Pass for Malaysia is diverse from the other sorts of Malaysian work permits since a Malaysian corporation or organization would not necessarily employ you. In other words, you are not on a Malaysian staff, and a foreign company will still compensate you. Nevertheless, you will offer services to another corporation in Malaysia for a short period. The Malaysian Immigration Department is responsible for providing the Professional Visit Pass, but they will work with related authority bodies in your job area to choose your appeal. You require a guarantor in Malaysia to appeal on your behalf.

Who is Qualified

You can work in Malaysia with a Malaysian Professional Visit Pass if you meet one of the following groups:

  • Overseas performers (movie making and performance)
    • Stage performer (singing, music, dance, drama, gymnastics, circus etc.)
    • Filming (in Malaysia, but with an overseas company)
    • Producing movie (filming)
    • Performance (in hotels, cultural centres, fields, etc.)
    • Skilled in arts administration and screen-related arts.
  • Islamic preacher:
    • An Islamic Teacher
    • Al-Quran Teacher
    • Arabic Teacher
  • Other religious employees:
    • Gurukkal
    • Granthi
    • Priest
    • Guru Dharma
    • Religious musical group and sculptors
  • Global students appear in religious courses lessons with the Malaysia Bible Seminary.
  • Government representatives travelling for official drives (government to government program/governmental issues)
  • Rider expert
  • Volunteer
  • The global student under a flexibility program or industrial training

Who Requires a Malaysia Visa With Reference for Employment Determinations

Approximately every overseas citizen has to get a Malaysia Visa With Reference for employment determinations excluding citizens of the following nations:

Antigua and Barbuda













Guinea Republic














New Zealand

Papua New Guinea

Saint Kitts and Nevis

Saint Lucia

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines


San Marino



Solomon Islands

South Africa





Trinidad and Tobago


United Kingdom


Western Samoa





If you are from one of the nations itemized above, you do not require to apply for an entrance visa at a Malaysian embassy in your nation.

How to Apply

You should have a guarantor in Malaysia to submit the Professional Visit Pass appeal on your behalf (e.g. the corporation/organization you will be employed/training in). Your guarantor has to file the petition before you arrive in Malaysia. Your guarantor should place your Professional Visit Pass appeal to the Malaysian Federal Government Administrative Centre (Ministry of Home Affairs, Immigration Department) in Putrajaya. If you are employed in the filming and performance industry, they must send the appeal to the Central Agency for Filming and Performance by Foreign Artistes (PUSPAL) who will work with the Immigration Department to provide an approval. Furthermore, if you are in the filming industry, you will also require to get an approval letter from FINAS (National Film Development Corporation Malaysia).

Submitting Application for the Malaysia Entrance Visa (Visa With Reference)

If you are from a nation which requires a Malaysian Visa With Reference to enter Malaysia, you will have to apply for it at the closest Malaysian embassy. You can only apply for the Visa With Reference for the determinations of employment after your Malaysia Professional Visit Pass has been permitted. Specific citizens, still, do not require to get an entrance visa from a Malaysian embassy. They can travel with the approval delivered from the Ministry of Home Affairs, Immigration Department.

After Reaching in Malaysia

When you arrive in Malaysia, you should visit the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Home Affairs and get the Malaysia Professional Visit Pass sticker on your passport. This obliges as evidence that you are working and staying in Malaysia lawfully.

Required Documents

The documents needed for a Professional Visit Pass vary reliant on the professions, but contain the following:

  • A complete photocopy of all sheets of your passport.
  • Passport-size photograph of yourself.
  • Malaysia visa appeal forms (IMM.12 and IMM.38).
  • Job Offer Letter from Malaysian company/organization (your guarantor), counting the motive for your employment/training.
  • A photocopy of your guarantor’s company profile (if appropriate).
  • If you are a global student:
    • Your CV.
    • Academic credentials
    • Evidence of contract/relationship between your school and the company/organization funding you.
  • If you are a religious preacher: Letter of approval from the Department Of Religion and the Islamic Religious Department.
  • Bank guarantee/personal security bond, if you are a Chinese national.

Length and Conditions

The circumstances of the Professional Visit Pass contain:

  • You cannot bring your dependent family associates with you.
  • You should be legitimately employed and compensated by a foreign company.
    • To work as an authorized employer of a Malaysian company, you will require an Employment Pass or Temporary Employment Pass.
  • For religious workers (non-Muslim):
    • You cannot lengthen your Professional Visit Pass for extended than three years.
    • You should come across the following age necessities:
      • Hindu monks (Expatriate Gurukkal), Sami Sikh (Granthi), Dharma Teachers and Priests should be a minimum of 40 years of age
      • Religious musicians should be a minimum of 35 years of age
      • Religious sculptors should be a minimum of 30 years of age

A Malaysian Professional Visit Pass is legal for one year and can be renewed for another year. If you will be undertaking training at a plant or hotel, the Malaysia Professional Visit Pass is legal for six months.

Share this Article
Facebook Google+ Twitter