Switzerland Work Visa



If you wish to get employed in Switzerland, you will require a Switzerland work permit. The Switzerland work visa is one of the kinds of the Switzerland long-stay permits also recognized as D-visa. It lets the visa owner work in Switzerland for the period that the visa is provided.

Admissibility Standards

As a non-EU or EFTA national, you are qualified to appeal for a Switzerland work visa if you come across the following circumstances:

  • You are an expert and competent employee, and you have a university grade, some years of work involvement, and precise knowledge
  • You by now have a job waiting for you
  • There is no EU or EFTA national who could take the job as an alternative
  • The yearly allocations for Swiss work visas permit it

How to apply

The procedure for getting a Swiss work visa goes under these steps:

Get A Job in Switzerland: Getting a job in Switzerland is quite tricky. But there are conducts you achieve that. Global recruitment agencies can support overseas citizens to find a job in Switzerland that is suitable to their skills and experience.

Collecting the Swiss Work Visa Required Document File: The documents needed for a Switzerland work visa contain:

  • Three finalized and signed long-stay visa appeal forms in either German, French, Italian, Spanish or English
  • Your valid passport or any other travel document with a minimum of two empty pages. It should be valid for a minimum of three months after you aim to leave Switzerland
  • Three photocopies of the related pages of your passport (pages 1-4 and the last page)
  • Four matching recent passport-size photos
  • Your job agreement along with two photocopies
  • Evidence of your job experience
  • Copies of your educational certificates and mark sheet
  • Proof that you attempted getting work in another way
  • CV

Your Company Appeals for Your Residence Permit in Switzerland: The sorts of residence permit which you can obtain with a Switzerland work permit are:

  • Permit L for short-term residence: This visa is provided for up to one year and is knotted to the terms of the employment agreement
  • Permit B for temporary or initial residence: The B Permit is also provided for one year, but it can be renewed yearly
  • Permit C for enduring residence: If you have resided in Switzerland for ten consecutive years, you can appeal for Swiss permanent residence. Permit C lets you work for any company, switching jobs as you like, and live anywhere in Switzerland you wish

You Appeal for The Switzerland Work Visa in Your Nation: After getting a job in Switzerland, the Swiss work visa appeal procedure is as follows:

  • Your company appeals for your residence permit at the local cantonal employment services in Switzerland. As an alternative, you will be provided with a residence permit which permits you to work
  • Your company can verify to the cantonal administrations that there was no EU or EFTA nationals appropriate for the job
  • The local cantonal administrations evaluate your appeal and refer it to the Federal Office for Migration (FOM) for endorsement
  • While your company requests for your Swiss residence permit, you have to appeal for a Swiss work visa (also recognized as a long-stay or a national visa) from your home nation
  • When the FOM takes their decision on your residence permit, they update you and your employer, and the cantonal offices. If the FOM agrees your residence permit, the cantonal offices notify the Swiss embassy
  • The Swiss embassy in your nation provides you with your Swiss work visa
  • You arrive in Switzerland, and you have 14 days to register at the Residents’ Registry Office via the local cantonal migration offices
  • You get your Swiss residence permit and are permissible to stay and work in Switzerland

Share this Article
Facebook Google+ Twitter