This visa is the UK work permit, the share of the British Points Based System. It is delivered to highly experienced workforces from outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland, who have a job proposal for skilled work or a job in the Scarcity List. To be qualified to appeal for this visa, you should have a job proposal by a certified sponsor in the UK. You should deliver a certificate of sponsorship provided by the company as evidence. As an owner of Tier 2 General Work Visa, you will be legalized to travel outside the UK while on this visa. You can also carry dependents to the UK on a Tier 2 Dependent Visa.
Who Requires a UK Tier 2 Visa?
To be qualified to appeal for a UK General Work Visa, you should come across several admissibility standards. These standards are as resulting:
- You should pass the general grounds for refusal
- You should have a job and from a sponsoring company in the UK, for a skilled job or a job in the Scarcity List
- Have a Tier 2 Visa which offered a minimum of a salary of £30,000 per annum.
Besides, as the permit is the portion of the Point Based System, the claimant should also accomplish the resulting standards and be qualified to gain points in each of these necessities as itemized below:
- Gain 50 points in features.
- Obtain a minimum of 10 points for the experience of the English Language.
- Must be older than 16 years
- Highest 10% of bonds of the company when their sponsor is a Limited Company. Exclusion of this makes the situation when the applicant has at least a yearly salary of £159,600.
- Should not take any kind of public reserves
- Should not be employed in any additional job in the UK apart from the role in the certificate of sponsorship checking service not including supplementary employment and voluntary work.
- Come across the Condition to get an Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) clearance credential.
When to Apply
As early as you can appeal to a UK General work, Visa is three months prior to the date you are planned to start working in the UK. This date is designated in your certificate of sponsorship.
To appeal for a Tier 2 Visa, you should submit the needed documents for any UK visa and also deliver the ensuing documents which are particularly essential for a Tier 2 visa appeal:
- Tier 2 Visa sponsorship letter from the company. The credential should have a reference number for a job in the UK delivered by an A-rated certified sponsor company in the UK with a recognized Job Salary.
- Criminal history certificate. This document presents the information if you have breached the regulation in recent years. It would be best if you got it from the competent authorities in your home nation.
- Tuberculosis checkup results. Obligatory only if you are a resident of a nation that has to take the test.
- Police registration credential.
- Evidence you have the needed reserves to support yourself in the UK financially
Tier 2 Visa Application
You will have to finish your primary appeal procedure for a Tier 2 General Work Visa from outside the UK, further precisely from your home nation.
- First, you will require to finish the online appeal from the official web portal of the UK government. The online appeal form entails of queries on your fundamental info and your determination of travelling to the UK.
- Next, collect all of the needed documents for a UK General work visa appeal. Remember that you may also require to take a tuberculosis checkup dependent on your state of residence, and get a criminal history certificate. Compensating health surcharge is also required.
- Finally, if this is your first time travelling to the UK, you will need to book an appointment at the closest visa appeal centre, UK embassy in your home nation, where you should submit biometrics information and a photo of yours.
Shifting from Tier 4 to Tier 2
To shift from Tier 4 to Tier 2 visa, you should be an owner of either Tier 4 student permits or Tier 4 child visa. Yet, the following conditions should also be encountered:
- Own an undergraduate or postgraduate degree from a UK educational institute
- Have studied in a UK Educational organization that is a grade awarding and certified as a Tier 4 sponsor
Tier 2 General Work Visa Maintenance Funds
You should deliver the minimum needed saved funds in disposition to cover your own and your dependents’ living and accommodation expenses. The minimum essential is:
- £945 for the main applicant
- £630 for any dependent
If the sponsoring company takes care of your living and accommodation expenses, then you are exempted from this necessity. In this situation, you should deliver the official document from the sponsor as evidence.
Tier 2 Visa Certificate of Sponsorship
A Certificate of Sponsorship should be gained from an employing organization or a company that is certified to sponsor applicants. This is an automated document with a reference number with all the particulars about you, the company, the job proposed and the annual salary, as well as all associated dates. The credential can be used once for one visa petition. For new claims, a fresh certificate is needed.
Tier 2 Visa Extension
If you desire to stay lengthier in the UK in demand to involve in a skilled job beyond the period of the current visa, you can appeal for an extension. This permit can be extended to an extra period of five years, given the total stay is no extended than six years. To be qualified to apply for an extension you should:
- Work for the same company that has delivered the sponsorship certificate in the primary appeal
- Get a salary minimum of £30,00 per year or the proper wage and payments for the job
- As a Tier 2 Visa Owner settle in the UK
As a Visa Holder of Tier 2 Settle in the UK
Depending on your stay in the UK for at least five consecutive years on Tier 2 General Work visa, you can appeal to obtain an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). You require to accomplish the following necessities:
- Accomplish early Tier 2 General Work visa necessities
- Deliver documents to verify absences from the UK a maximum of 180 days for in a year, each year of the whole period is permitted.
- Certificate of sponsorship by a legal Tier 2 Sponsor. The sponsor should either yet have the license as a Tier 2 Sponsor for the linking class or is waiting to receive the result on their claim to renew it. The certificate should show a sponsor’s willingness to continue keeping you working for a specific period, with a particular salary.
- Competency of the English language and life in the UK.
- Should not have any record of overstaying in the UK.
Tier 2 General Visa Fees
Visa Processing Charges for a Tier 2 General visa rest on whether you are appealing from inside or external the UK as well as your nationality as diverse charges apply to nationals of Turkey and North Macedonia. Remember that the appeal charges for UK visas may vary regularly.