Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer visa for UK

United Kingdom

This Visa is a UK work permit for skilled workforces of an international company in an overseas nation, with a minimum of one-year work knowledge in such company, expecting to get moved in a job in the UK division. Newly graduated staffs with at least three months practical job knowledge in an international company in an overseas nation, expecting a transfer into a UK division of the similar company, can appeal for this visa. Such training must help them progress the current job position towards an executive or expert.

Who Requires a Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa?

Nationals of countries that do not have a visa exempted travel contract with the UK are compulsory to appeal for the Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa. The job position that they are anticipated to work in must be such that cannot be occupied by the EU or EEA personnel.

Categories of Tier 2 ICT Visas

Grounded on the involvement you will have in the UK division of your existing company, there are two sorts of the Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer visas, as follows:

  • Tier 2 ICT Visa for Long-Term Employee.
  • Tier 2 ICT Visa for Graduate Apprentice.

Prerequisites to Appeal for a Tier 2 ICT Visa

These are aspects defining your admissibility to appeal for a Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa:

  • Overcome the general requirements
  • Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from a certified Tier 2 sponsor. The company has to be an international company
  • The job should have agreed “the resident labour market examination.”
  • Decent yearly salary. Your obtainable annual salary should be at least £41,500 (as a long-term employee) or the proper rate for such long-term job, whichever is more. Or, at least £23,000 yearly salary (as a graduate apprentice) or the appropriate rate for such graduate training, whichever is greater
  • Appropriate job position. The job you have been proposed has to be on level six of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Or, of the standard four of RQF in the creative sector
  • Your company’s rights to sponsor you. The international company which is sponsoring your transfer in their division in the UK has to be itemized amongst certified Tier 2 sponsors
  • Certificate of sponsorship legitimacy. You should not appeal for this permit with a CoS delivered three months or earlier prior to your scheduled date of visa appeal
  • Genuine job vacancy. The vacant positions you are expecting to gain has to be an authentic role, and the sponsor has to be competent to offer services or products originating from such a position.
  • Financial capability necessity. You require to have sufficient money on your disposition for the living and housing expenses in the UK, without having to depend on UK’s public reserves
  • Age necessity. Must be age-appropriate to begin academic studies, signifying that you have been at least 18 years old when being delivered a visa, or expecting to turn 18 years old within the visa duration

Permitted to Do in the UK with a Tier 2 ICT Visa

Doings you can do in the UK with a Tier 2 ICT visa are:

  • Obtaining an additional salaried job that:
    • Similar job position as your core sponsored job
    • The assignment in such a job does not cross 20 hours per week.
    • Registered amongst the UK’s shortage works.
  • Do voluntary activities as a volunteer.
  • Study for as long as it does not affect the determination of your visa.
  • Participate in a postgraduate program.
  • Travel external the UK in the visa duration.
  • Can bring your family associates with you.
  • Shift into another job position within a similar company

Not Permitted to Do in the UK with a Tier 2 ICT Visa

Doings that you are not permitted carrying out in the UK based on a Tier 2 ICT visa:

  • Using UK public reserves or other general advantages.
  • Shift into another visa class from Tier 2 ICT visa.
  • Obtaining a second job outside of Tier 2 ICT visa’s rules.

How to Apply

There are two kinds of core appeal for a Tier 2 ICT visa, reliant on where you are applying from when applying, as follows:

  • Petition for Tier 2 ICT Visa from Overseas: You must appeal for an entrance Tier 2 ICT visa from overseas, if you aim to arrive into the UK from a nation outside the EEA, for a motive known under rules of such permit. The appeal procedure for the Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer visa is the same as other UK visas. When appealing from outside the UK, you require to apply via an online service of the Home Office. Moreover, you have to submit the subsidiary evidence to the address stated in the online form.  As a portion of the appeal, you have to provide your biometric data at a visa appeal centre, in ten days after arriving in the UK.
  • Appeal for Tier 2 ICT Visa from the UK: If you are applying for an extension of Tier 2 ICT Visa, or appealing to shift into Tier 2 ICT, you have to submit the claim early enough prior to the existing visa ends.

Shifting to the Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer visa

You can appeal to change your existing legal Representative of a Foreign Business visa into Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa (Long-Term Employee subgroup), without having to leave the UK. This is likely only if this will signify working for a similar sponsor. The appeal to shift into Tier 2 ICT visa from another visa class is recognized as the appeal for another LR.

Duration of Stay in the UK with a Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa

The duration you will be permitted to stay and work in the UK, totally depends on the category of sponsorship you have, as follows:

  • The job agreement duration, with two calendar weeks.
  • Maximum for five years, with one calendar month (dependent the start date of the certificate of sponsorship).
  • Maximum for five years, for a salary within £120,000 or maximum for nine years, for a wage £120,000 or higher.
  • If you are a Graduate Apprentice, maximum for one calendar year. This comprises the whole visa durations

Whichever of the above standards is shorter, is considered the permitted duration of stay in the UK.

Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa Necessities

Fulfilling with the general necessities of applying for a UK visa:

  • Attainment of 50 points for Tier 2 ICT acknowledgements. This takes account of 30 points agreed for having a legal and qualifying certificate of sponsorship from your company. Whereas the other 20 points for having been obtainable grounded on the decent salary.
  • Obtain at least 10 points for your means of survival. You should verify that you have £945 for yourself and £630 for any dependent associated you (if appropriate).
    • Certificate of sponsorship by an A qualified sponsor. It has to have accountability that such sponsor will be covering your subsistence expenses.
    • Official bank statements which show sufficient fund. This has to cover 90 days right before applying for the visa.
    • Endorsement letter for sufficient personal reserves in cash. You should have held such fund for a period 90 consecutive days.
  • Sponsor’s unconditional written consent.
  • Having a clear criminal history certificate.
  • Having the tuberculosis medical checkup results (if you are from a nation which needs taking the test prior to coming to the UK).

Specific Necessities for Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa Extension:

  • Fresh Certificate of Sponsorship for the extension.
  • Working for the similar company you have worked when taking your last visa (such visa should have been either Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer-Long Term Employee, or a Visa as a Representative of an Overseas Business).
  • Registering with the police (if you meet the requirements).

Specific Necessities for Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Switch:

  • You have to give your photo and fingerprints.
  • Compensating the Immigration healthcare surcharge fees (IHS).
  • Compensating the proper visa application charge.
  • Submitting the ATAS Certificate (If you are expecting to partake in a postgraduate program and you are mandatory to present such certificate).

Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Visa for Dependents

As a dependent or family associate of a Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer visa claimant or owner, you can bring them during their duration of involvement in the UK. Your family associates can appeal as your dependents if their relationship with you is any of the following:

  • Your spouse.
  • Unmarried or same-sex companion of a long-lasting relationship.
  • Children younger than 18 years old when appealing or 18 years old or over applying for LR or ILR from the UK.

Necessities for Dependents of Tier 2 ICT Visa Owners

The necessities for Your Companion Applying for a Settlement Permit in Tier 2 ICT:

  • Evidence of having or had a Tier 2 ICT dependent partner visa.
  • Proof of your relationship with your companion.
    • Wedding or civil partnership credentials.
    • Bank declarations.
    • Paid tax bills.
    • Medical registration certificates.
    • Utility bills.
  • Evidence of continuous residence in the UK of your companion.
  • Evidence of the aim to build an enduring life together.
  • Evidence of your financial capability to cover your and your spouse’s maintenance expenses.
  • Proof that your spouse has overcome the “Life in the UK” test and has satisfactory English language skills.

Necessities for Your Child Appealing for a Settlement Permit in Tier 2 ICT:

  • Evidence of having or had a Tier 2 ICT dependent child visa
  • Proof that your children are not married
  • Proof of your relationship with your child.
    • Your kid’s birth or adoption certificate.
  • Evidence of your financial capability to cover you and your child’s maintenance expenses.
  • Evidence that your kid’s other parent is either in the UK or is applying to settle on a work visa. This regulation does not contain the following cases:
    • You are the only parent alive.
    • You have only accountability for your child’s education.
    • Your child has a severe sickness, and you are a settled person.
  • Proof for your child’s present living address (if your child is 16 years old or above that age). You have to deliver a minimum of two of the resulting documents:
    • Your kid’s bank declarations.
    • Credit card bill.
    • Driving license (if appropriate).
    • Your child’s NHS certificate of registration.
    • The official letter from your child’s current education provider institute.
  • Info about monthly payable expenses of your child. This takes account of money your child spends on paying the rental fee, utility bills, and alike monthly costs.

Particular Necessities to Appeal for a Settlement Visa in Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer

  • Evidence of having a legal Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer permit.
  • Evidence of having been in the UK for five consecutive years.
  • Evidence of absences you have made from the UK during the five years qualifying period.
  • New Tier 2 Sponsorship Certificate. The sponsor should deliver a new certificate of sponsorship for settlement, affirming their aim to endure engaging you in their company

Share this Article
Facebook Google+ Twitter